The diversity of snow, wildlife, glaciers, and ice shelves will be on full display during your personalized tour of Antarctica. Your comprehensive trip to the remote continent will introduce you to seals, penguins, and whales amidst adventures on zodiac boats, snowshoes, and kayaks. Travel across the Weddell Sea to find emperor penguins and hear the stories of Earnest Shackleton’s ill-fated expedition in the early 20th century. Experience the distinctively British ambiance of the Falkland Islands and find king penguins and nesting albatrosses. Whether in search of adventure or interested in learning more about the secluded snow-filled landscape, Antarctica will provide a complete travel experience.
- Kayak around the glacial wall and coastline of Cuverville Island to view the Gentoo penguin colony
- Travel to Volunteer Point on East Falkland Island to walk with the colony of King penguins
- Snowshoe across the powdery snow on the vast landscape of Marambio Island after visiting the civil community of Esperanza
- Visit the southern rockhopper penguins on Carcass Island, located at the northwestern point of West Falkland Island
- Venture through a labyrinth of icebergs and prominent protruding shelves of ice on zodiac boats when traveling from ship to isolated island shores
- Traverse the icy and snow-laden shores of Elephant Island while learning about the distinctive story of Earnest Shackleton’s shipwreck
- Explore the vast complex of Eduardo Frei Montalva, Chile’s research station on King George Island
- Listen to fascinating lectures in the comfort of the luxurious ship when at sea sailing between the South Shetland and Falkland Islands
- Discover the remarkable icy waters of the Weddell Sea when landing at Snow Hill to visit the most northerly emperor penguin colony
Mix scenic flights and coastal explorations during your 14-day trip to Antarctica and the Falkland Islands for a luxurious and adventurous vacation. Your exciting expedition will highlight the diversity of the sub-Antarctic and Antarctic regions as you sail through the channels of the western shores of the Antarctic Peninsula, and then venture through the Antarctic Sound to reach the rarely visited Weddell Sea. Cruise north over the Antarctic Convergence to reach the Falkland Islands, and your exploration becomes an epic journey encompassing kayaking alongside glaciers, zodiac boats reaching penguin colonies, and whale sightings around the open ocean. Your colorful and exciting expedition will offer legendary stories while you make unforgettable memories of your own.
Begin your exploration with your arrival in Punta Arenas, Chile. Spend time to take in the fascinating metropolis on the edges of the Southern Patagonia and visit the regional museum that depicts the evolution of the region over the past 150 years. You could also wander the galleries of the new Nao Victoria Museum dedicated to accurate replicas of the famous ships that have sailed the waters of the Strait of the Magellan. After taking it all in, your flight will take you from Punta Arenas directly to King George Island on the South Shetland Archipelago.
Tour the research stations and then board your luxury vessel bound for the icy waters of the Antarctic Peninsula. Sail alongside the Gerlache Coastline and stop at the islands populated with penguin and seal colonies. The weather and shifting icebergs make each navigation through the waters tailored to the new journey, ensuring a unique cruise for you and your fellow passengers. Return up the coast to travel through Antarctica Sound and reach the Weddell Sea. The massive ice shelf overtakes a large portion of the southern body of water closer to the continent.
Visit the emperor penguins and the civil settlement of Esperanza to embark on a snowshoeing expedition before continuing north to the Falkland Islands. The west and east islands offer different wildlife and scenery, supporting Cobb’s wren and flightless teamer duck. Search for rockhopper and king penguins at distinctive locations around the islands, and take time to explore the British village ambiance of Port Stanley, the capital of the Falkland Islands and return to Punta Arenas, Chile to complete your full experience of Antarctica and the sub-Antarctic region.