Experience the very best of Kenya on this dream safari adventure. Covering six diverse parks, this itinerary offers a perfect blend of thrilling adventure and serene beauty.Submerse yourself in the captivating charms of wild Africa and get indelibly close to the Big Five and much more. With places like the Maasai Mara and Samburu on the itinerary, this 11-day trip offers a daily procession of unforgettable highlights.
- Spend nine days on a safari in Kenya and explore six very diverse national parks, each with its own unique cast of resident animals
- Watch elephants roam beneath the backdrop of Mount Kilimanjaro at Amboseli National Park
- Gaze down on the procession of wildlife that frequents a waterhole, the charms of Mount Kenya National Park revealed from your private balcony
- Spend two days soaking up the rare sights at Samburu National Reserve, including many inimitable mammals that aren’t found elsewhere in Kenya
- Get up close and personal with East Africa’s largest concentration of critically endangered black rhino at Sweet waters Private Game Reserve
- Admire the remarkable beauty of Lake Nakuru, a colorful national park with abundant wild game
- Immerse yourself in the vast Maasai Mara, home to the great migration, immense herds, and huge concentrations of big cats
- Explore the attractions of Nairobi and see another intriguing side to this stunning country
TRIP AT A GLANCE
(Day 1): Welcome to Kenya
(Days 2 – 3): A Spectacular First Safari at Amboseli National Park
(Day 4): Overlooking the Waterhole in Mount Kenya National Park
(Days 5 – 6): The Unique Residents of Samburu National Reserve
(Day 7): Remarkable Rhino Experiences at Sweetwaters Game Reserve
(Day 8): The Serene Beauty of Lake Nakuru National Park
(Days 9 – 10): Unforgettable Safari in the Maasai Mara
(Day 11): A Colorful Tour of Nairobi
This spectacular adventure provides 11 days of diverse experiences. By visiting six different parks, you’ll get closer than you ever could imagine to Africa’s wildlife. Enjoy the peaceful beauty of Lake Nakuru, go on thrilling drives through the Maasai Mara, and marvel at the remarkable rhino populations at Sweetwaters. In Mount Kenya the wildlife comes to you with spectacular scenes unfolding from your balcony. Amboseli National Park and Samburu National Reserve provide iconic scenes and rare mammals that ignite the imagination. Each handpicked lodge ensures that you’re always surrounded by Kenya’s wild landscapes, and who knows what will be wandering past as you’re enjoying lunch. Gaze out onto vast plains and snowy mountain peeks, and drift away to the sounds of untouched nature. These 11 days really offer a dream safari vacation.
Your adventure starts in the colorful capital city of Nairobi, before continuing with two tranquil days in Amboseli National Park. Watch elephants roam beneath the backdrop of Mount Kilimanjaro and get closely acquainted to the immense herds that cover the Amboseli plains. Life at Amboseli revolves around a dry salt lake, while in Mount Kenya it’s centered around a waterhole that’s beneath your balcony. Emerging from the captivating forest are buffalo, antelopes, and monkeys, the procession of wildlife enjoyed from your sumptuous private verandah. After one day in Mount Kenya you’ll cross the equator and spend two days in the unique Samburu National Reserve. Swarming beside a river are strange characters like the Beisa oryx, gerenuk, diminutive dik-dik, and Maribou Storks. The park’s big cats keep everyone on their toes, while 350 different bird species provide the soundtrack.
Kenya’s parks offer remarkable diversity. After grassy plains, thick forest, and dusty red ground, Sweetwaters Game Reserve provides a green haven for East Africa’s greatest concentration of black rhino. Over 100 of these critically endangered mammals wander through this private reserve, along with a dozen white rhinos. By now the full Big Five will have been ticked off your list, but this safari experience is about much more than recollecting the different species you’ve seen. It’s full of unique interactions and personal moments; elephants playing, leopards hunting, the steely stare from a buffalo herd. It continues with a day in the beautiful Lake Nakuru, a colorful national park that’s tinged pink by over a million flamingo. They grace the shallows, while giraffe and hyena cover the plains. Like all the parks on this itinerary, you won’t be short of showstopping scenes.
Completing the safari experience is a thrilling two-day adventure in the majestic Maasai Mara, arguably the world’s greatest park. During the summer months, these vast plains are home to the Great Migration. But great wildebeest and zebra herds dot the grass at all times of year. Abundant lion prides are never far behind, either lazing beside the safari truck or stalking fearful prey. Gaze out onto this evocative landscape from your private balcony, watching the silhouettes wander along the horizon. The Maasai Mara provides a dramatic end to your safari, and epitomizes the natural world submersion of this itinerary. Return to Nairobi for another tour of the city and a farewell dinner recounting all the special moments.
- Cultural / World Heritage Sites / Photography / Scenic Drive / National Park / Reserve / Nature / Outdoor Adventures / Safari / Wildlife