Combining a unique Tanzania safari adventure with the idyllic beaches of Zanzibar, this itinerary reveals the wonders of Tanzania. Enjoy the Big Five as you explore famous parks like the Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, and Tarangire. Then indulge into the sumptuous luxury of a private villa on the tropical white sand of Zanzibar. Exciting and relaxing in equal measure, this really is the best of Tanzania.
- Enjoy seven full days of safaris, and complete immersion in a wildlife world that goes beyond anything you might have seen in documentaries
- Sleep in an intimate tree house in Lake Manyara National Park and surround yourself with the meandering soundtrack of Tanzania’s wilderness
- Spot rare tree-climbing lions and large hippo pods at Lake Manyara
- Admire the 300 strong elephant herds that roam around the baobab trees of beautiful Tarangire National Park
- See all of the Big Five on just one game drive as you explore the unique Ngorongoro Crater
- Gaze out onto the endless plains of the Serengeti, home to the Great Migration and probably the most famous park in the world
- Spend five days on the idyllic tropical beaches of Zanzibar Island
- Relax in the exclusive luxury of a private two bedroom villa in the boutique Baraza Zanzibar
TRIP AT A GLANCE
(Day 1): Relaxing in Arusha
(Days 2 – 3): Unique Safari at Lake Manyara
(Day 4): Giant Elephant Herds in Tarangire National Park
(Day 5): A Relaxing Day Around Ngorongoro Crater
(Day 6): Ngorongoro Crater – The Big Five in One Day
(Days 7 – 8): Stunning Safari in the Famous Serengeti
(Days 9 – 13): The Beauty of Zanzibar Island
This unique itinerary will reveal the very best of Tanzania, combining an intimate safari adventure with five days on the tropical beaches of Zanzibar. Lake Manyara and Tarangire National Parks provide a wonderful introduction to African wildlife, with tree-climbing lions, giant elephant herds, and a smorgasbord of colorful mammals accompanying your first three days on safari. Lion prides and critically endangered black rhino are just two of the treats awaiting you in the unique Ngorongoro Crater, while the serene beauty of the Serengeti’s grass plains will take the breath away; and that’s before you spot some of the two million mammals that form part of the Great Migration. After seven days of thrilling safaris you’ll fly to Zanzibar for five days in an idyllic beach paradise.
This itinerary includes four vastly different national parks, meaning that every day on safari will be special. Every drive brings new delights and you’ll quickly lose count of the number of unique animal spots. This isn’t about gazing at a few mammals in the distance. Lion prides rest in the shade beside your safari truck, 300 elephants play in a waterhole beside your camp, gigantic herds of wildebeest rumble across the grass plains, and each of Africa’s great mammals comes within meters of your amazed eyes. You’re surrounded by nature at every moment, from gentle morning birdsong to watching the action unfold from a private verandah. Thrilling safari experiences are combined with serene moments watching the animal world go by. Exclusive camps and lodges offer an intimate immersion in the national parks, none more so than your luxury tree house at Lake Manyara Tree Lodge.
From the Serengeti you’ll fly to Zanzibar for five days of tranquility. Deserted white sand, turquoise Indian Ocean waters, gently swaying palm trees; there are good reasons why Conde Nast Traveler named Bwejuu-Paje as one of their top thirty beaches in the world. Your private two bedroom villa offers some of the most luxurious accommodation on the island, and the gentle atmosphere is enough to lull anyone into hibernation. Spend your days relaxing in paradise, or explore the island, including tours to the charming Stone Town and the fragrant spice plantations. This itinerary will showcase the very best of Tanzania, combining excitement with serenity, and beauty with unique experiences.
- Cultural / World Heritage Sites / Leisure / Beaches / Photography / Scenic Drive / Small Towns / Villages / Walking Tours / Hiking / National Park / Reserve / Nature / Outdoor Adventures / Safari / Wildlife