Italy is for lovers and historians, foodies and hikers, art enthusiasts and fashionistas. In other words, Italy is for everyone. Expertly crafted for 2017, this Italian vacation of a lifetime will take you on 12-day journey through the most famous Italian cities as you will be wined and dined, and ultimately swept off your feet, immersing yourself in the wonders of Roman history and the romance of Venetian canals. Discover the iconic fashions of Milan and the graceful artistry of Florence. You set the pace and revel in the beauty of Italian splendor.
- Discover the charm and romance of Venice, from St. Mark’s Square to a serene gondola ride along the Grand Canal
- Witness the remarkable size and imagery of Leonardo da Vinci’s Last Supper in Milan
- Stand beneath the Gothic edifice of the Milan Duomo to see the sensational detail of the celebrated architecture
- Traverse the Renaissance streets, architecture, and art of Florence on a Segway tour
- Experience the majesty of seeing Michelangelo’s David up close
- Explore the fabulous medieval towns of the Tuscan countryside, showcasing how past and present quaintness can blend effortlessly
- Enjoy an enchanting dinner cruise on the Tiber River in Rome
- Revel in the treasured history and elegant masterworks of Rome, from the Sistine Chapel to Roman Forum
TRIP AT A GLANCE
(Day 1): Venice – Arrive in the World Renowned City of Venice
(Day 2): Venice – Enjoy the Charm of Venice at your Leisure
(Day 3): Venice – Explore Venice and the Surrounding Lagoon
(Day 4): Milan – Journey to the Fashionable City of Milan
(Day 5): Milan – Discover the Beauty of Milan and its Lush Countryside
(Day 6): Florence – Venture to the Captivating Renaissance City of Florence
(Day 7): Florence – Half-Day Tour of the Historic and Captivating City Center
(Day 8): Florence – Relish an Excursion into the Tuscan Countryside
(Day 9): Rome – Transfer to the Treasured Eternal City of Rome
(Day 10): Rome – Enjoy a Day at your Leisure and a Dinner Cruise on the Tiber
(Day 11): Rome – Continue your Roman Experience or Enjoy a Day Tour to Naples
(Day 12): Rome – Depart for Home
Rome has the Colosseum, and Venice has gondolas. Milan has the Last Supper and Florence has the David. Each Italian city contains an iconic image filled with enchantment and exoticism, beckoning you to experience the majesty of history set in modern luxury on this Italian vacation of a lifetime. Follow in the footsteps of Roman emperors and window shop in a fashion capital. Sip local wine with a terrace view of lush rolling hills and relish a calming gondola ride during sunset. Italy is more than just romance or fashion, history or opulence, but is instead all of the above.
The journey begins with your arrival in Venice, the city of canals and Carnival. Your private transfer meets you at the airport and escorts you across the waterway to your luxurious accommodation in the heart of the city. You have two full days to discover the joys of Venice, whether on your own or on a private tour. Explore the Doge’s Palace and St. Mark’s Square, cruise the canals on a gondola and venture to the island of Murano to see how the famed Murano glass is made.
After Venice, your private transfer takes you to the central train station where you travel to the glamorous city of Milan. The remainder of the day is at your whim, showcasing the elegant Gothic cathedral and the chic ambiance of the city. The following day is yours to discover the splendor of Milan, whether seeing da Vinci’s Last Supper or heading into the Italian Alps to linger on the shores of a classic noble getaway at Lake Como.
Your private guide takes you the train station where you begin to make your way south to Florence. The Renaissance city brims with tremendous architecture filled with priceless artwork. Explore the city on a guided Segway tour through the historic city center. You make your way into the Tuscan hillsides outside of Florence to visit the stunning medieval towns of Siena, San Gimignano, and Chianti. Continue to Pisa to see the world famous Leaning Tower.
Then, continue south to Rome where your private transfer meets you at the train station and takes you to your comfortable hotel in the heart of the old city. Rome is yours for two full days, allowing you the time to take in the exquisite Vatican Museum and discover the immensity of the Roman ruins, such as the Colosseum and Roman Forum. You could even take a tour to Pompeii or the island of Capri located in the Bay of Naples. On your final morning in Italy, your private transfer meets you at the hotel and escorts you to Rome Fiumincino International Airport for your flight home.
For more itinerary options, browse the additional vacation packages to Italy on Great Aventuras.
- Architecture Tours / Arts & Crafts Tours / Historical Sites / History & Archaeology Tours / Local Food / Market / Bazaar / Monument / Memorial / Museums & Galleries / Performances: Concerts – Theaters – Shows – Dances & Musicals / Religious Sites / Cooking Classes / Gourmet Dining / Music / Palace / Castle / Mansion / Scenic Drive / Shopping / Small Towns / Villages / Train Travel / Walking Tours / Gardens / Nature