From the illustrious palace of House Martell to the fighting pits of Meereen, the trophy-clad dining room of House Tarly to the free streets of Braavos, the fantastical filming locations of Game of Thrones Season 6 come to life during your 12-day luxury tour of Spain. Immerse yourself as a distinguished guest of the royal family, learning the secrets of preparing traditional paella in the famous dish’s birthplace in Valencia. Trace the footsteps of Jaime Lannister and House Tyrell as they confront the Faith Militant at the Great Sept of Baelor, the High Sparrow’s religious headquarters. Tour the timeless jewels of Catalonia and the labyrinthine medieval streets of Andalusia, relishing every moment in the realm of the Seven Kingdoms and beyond.
- Visit iconic filming locations from scenes of Season 6 on an exclusive private tour with your own private guide and driver
- Discover six UNESCO World Heritage Sites that vividly capture the spirit of Dorne, exploring the Cathedral and Alcázar of Seville, Alhambra Palace, and the works of Antoni Gaudí (Casa Mila, Casa Batlló, Sagrada Familia)
- Soar above the landscape on a private hot air balloon ride over Costa Brava, offering a director’s dream perspective of the coastal landscape
- Ascend the steps of the Great Sept of Baelor, where there is a public confrontation between Jamie Lannister, House Tyrell, and the Faith Militant
- Follow in the footsteps of Arya Stark as you explore Braavos and Oldtown in search of the Many-Faced God, in Girona
- Explore the remarkable Alcazaba of Almería, a hillside fortress that doubles as the stronghold of House Martell in Dorne
- Spend an evening in a 10th-century castle at the Parador de Tortosa, sleeping in the same accommodation that has housed former nobility
- Visit the elegant castle of House Tarly, birthplace of Jon Snow’s best friend Sam, at the Castell de Santa Florentina
- Feast like royalty, and indulge in the flavors of a traditional paella during a private culinary lesson in Valencia, where the famous Spanish dish was invented
- Explore the bullfighting battlegrounds of Osuna, depicted as the Fighting Pits of Meereen, where Daenerys escapes with her dragon Drogon
- Enjoy a taste of grandeur during a caviar tasting in Granada, sampling cuisine of the highest quality
TRIP AT A GLANCE
(Day 1): Barcelona – Arrive in the Majestic City of Barcelona; Indulge in a Tapas Tour and Explore the Old Gothic Quarter
(Day 2): Barcelona – Private Tour of Barcelona to Discover Gaudi Treasures
(Day 3): Costa Brava – Tour the Medieval and Jewish History of Girona, along with the Streets of Braavos and King’s Landing
(Day 4): Costa Brava – Morning Hot Air Balloon Excursion and Visit to the Cities of Roses and Figueres
(Day 5): Tortosa – Travel to the Town of Peñiscola, Stopping at Castell de Santa Florentina
(Day 6): Valencia – Transfer to Valencia for a Private Paella Cooking Course
(Day 7): Almeria – Morning Bike Tour of Valencia and Scenic Drive to Almeria
(Day 8): Almeria – Tour the History of Almeria, the Dornish Capital City of Sunspear
(Day 9): Granada –Drive to Granada for a Scenic Flight over Alhambra Palace
(Day 10): Seville – Morning at Alhambra Palace and Caviar Tasting; Travel to Seville and Visit the Main Fighting Pit in Meereen, Located in Osuna
(Day 11): Seville – Traverse the Historic Streets of Seville with a Day at Leisure
(Day 12): Seville – Depart for Home
Optional Add On:
For a truly unique experience, consider extending your stay to visit the Castillo de Zafra in Guadalajara. The castle represents the Tower of Joy, featuring an important appearance by Ser Arthur Dayne, a legendary fighter introduced in Season Six. Allow for two extra days to travel into the countryside for a marvelous opportunity of touring the illustrious castle grounds.
The HBO television series Game of Thrones brings to life the epic, imaginative tales of George R.R. Martin’s popular series A Song of Ice and Fire. Your 12-day Spain tour immerses you in the filming locations of Season Six, the first of the series to be released before its print counterpart, The Winds of Winter. Meant for the ultimate Game of Thrones fan or a lover of history and fantastic tales, your tour seamlessly blends remarkable facts and unforgettable fiction, filled with thrilling displays of Spanish culture, elegant architecture, and charming neighborhoods. From decadent Alhambra to the Jewish Quarter of Girona, your adventure will have you treasuring the artistic eye of architect Antoni Gaudi while feeling like a knight of the Kingsguard on the road to King’s Landing.
The adventure begins with your arrival in Barcelona. Your private car meets you at the airport and escorts you to the luxurious Mercer Hotel. Explore the Gothic Quarter on a private tapas bar tour, introducing you to the history and culture of the city. The following morning, you embark on an elaborate discovery excursion of Gaudi’s treasures, taking in the city on a walking tour to find dazzling architectural designs. The fantastical enterprises take you into a world of fantasy, a perfect beginning to your Game of Thrones experience. Next, you travel north to Girona. Witness the streets of Braavos and elements of King’s Landing as you explore the city.
Enjoy two nights at the opulent Salles Hotel Call del Pi. In the morning, you venture out onto a hot air balloon ride for a breathtaking view of the coastline. Continue to the cities of Roses and Figueres for a tour of the beaches and Dali Museum. Then, you travel to Castell Santa Florentina, home of House Tarly at Horn Hill. In Peñiscola, you can meander around the antique plazas, which double as neighborhoods in Meereen. Hotel Parador is situated inside the renovated Castillo de La Zuda, allowing you to enjoy the same rooms that have accommodated former nobility. Your private car leads you to Valencia. Enjoy a tour of Albufera National Park before taking part in a fantastic cooking demonstration, teaching you how to make traditional paella fit for the King or Queen of the Seven Kingdoms.
Relax for the night at the Caro Hotel. In the morning, you explore the medieval luster of Valencia by bike. Continue your tour of Spain and the Game of Thrones world with your private guide to the town of Almeria. En route, you pass the Mesa Roldán Tower, soon to be a part of the city of Meereen. Then, you visit the remarkable world of Sunspear, the Capital of Dorne, discovering the home of House Martell inside the Alcazaba, the historic Moorish fortress in Almeria. Venture to Granada for an unforgettable scenic flight over the city, the Sierra Nevada Mountains, and the crowning jewel: Alhambra Palace.
The following day takes you on a private guided tour through Alhambra Palace to experience the remaining opulence fit for Dornish kings. Indulge in the flavors of caviar during a private tasting and tour of a sturgeon farm. In Osuna, you visit the bullring, which is cast as the fighting pits of Meereen. In the evening, you settle in the luxurious Casa Romana Hotel in Seville, providing an unobstructed view of the cityscape. The next day is yours to explore the streets and ambiance of Seville at your leisure. Tour the famous Seville Cathedral or stroll along the ancient foundations of the city. Wander through the former Jewish quarter or visit the lavish art museum. On your final day, your private transfer escorts you from your elegant hotel to the airport for your flight home.
Note: Great Aventuras and “Game of Thrones Spain Tour” are not affiliated with, or sponsored or endorsed by, Home Box Office Inc./BCKORS, LLC./GROK!, LLC./Generator Entertainment/Suction Productions, Inc.
- Architecture Tours / Cultural Activities / Historical Sites / History & Archaeology Tours / Landmarks / Local Food / Market / Bazaar / Monument / Memorial / Movie & TV Themed Tours / Religious Sites / World Heritage Sites / Food & Wine / Cooking Classes / Gourmet Dining / Leisure / Palace / Castle / Mansion / Photography / Scenic Drive / Small Towns / Villages / Hot Air Balloon Tours / Outdoor Adventures